Welcome! We are so happy that you have shown interest in FBC. It is our supreme desire that you would find hope and life in Jesus Christ. He is THE ONLY WAY to true happiness and eternal life.
We would be honored for you to join us on Sunday morning for worship. So what can you expect to find at FBC?
- People who love Jesus. We are passionate about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and we want to tell you about him!
- A relaxed, energetic atmosphere. We are a pretty laid back community (we even meet in a gymnasium). You will be hard pressed to find suit-coats and ties here. Wear what’s comfortable for you and you will fit right in.
- Bible-focused worship. We believe that the Bible is sufficient for every part of the Christian life. We sing Bible-centered songs, preach Bible-centered messages and strive for a Bible-centered community.
We believe that we can worship the Lord with many worship styles. Therefore, we have a blended worship style which includes hymns and contemporary music.
A note to Families: We provide nursery service and Jr. Church during Sunday school and the 10:00 am service.
- Nursery: Infant-2 years old & 2-3 years old
- Jr. Church: age 4 through 2nd grade - in room 203
We also provide listening devices for the hearing impaired. Please see an usher for assistance.
Kolarikovi, Radek & Laura
Radek Kolarik has been actively involved in bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to Czech youths through sports ministries, summer camps, and Bible studies since he graduated from high school.
In the summer of 2000 he met an American who held a similar calling and had taken a job teaching English in the Moravian village of Kurim. In 2003 they were married and they began an outreach to youths in their garage that met 4-5 times per week (Garaz572). Teens came to the Lord and brought their friends! In 2009 they planted a church in their garage in addition to their youth meetings. Parents as well as local families were drawn there by the Lord as well.
In 2011 they moved to an old dance hall where they could minister to their active and growing flock (Krestane Kurim – Christians of Kurim). Over the past 4 years God has also blessed Laura and Radek with four children. American teams from Maine as well as Chicago undergird the Kolariks in ministering to local high schools, teaching English, and staffing summer camps.
The ministry is flourishing and there is a need for financial support for a part-time worker as well as an American to minister longer-term teaching English in the local schools.