As Pastor Phil transitions to his new ministry with Twin Villages Church, we're actively seeking God's choice for the position of Pastor of Youth.
WE EXIST TO WORSHIP OUR LORD, LEARN MORE ABOUT HIM,
LOVE ONE ANOTHER, AND REACH OUR COMMUNITY.
Pastor of Youth – Job Description
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ministry experience
- Strong desire to serve in vocational youth ministry
- Formal training in Youth Ministries and/or Biblical studies and/or equivalent preparation
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of First Baptist Church
- A lifestyle that honors God
- Meet the qualifications for a Deacon (1Tim. 3)
- Junior & Senior High Youth: We presently have about 50 active Jr. and Sr. High teens. They meet weekly for youth group on Wed. nights, and for Sunday School on Sun. mornings. There is an active volunteer staff of about 8 to assist in shepherding the teens through leading small groups. Responsibilities:
- Administration of the current ministry.
- Lead the weekly youth ministry meeting.
- Plan and direct a monthly activity.
- Oversee Oasis, our after school outreach ministries to Jr. and Sr. high students.
- Build personal relationships with the teens - i.e. breakfast meeting, attending sporting and other school events, home visits, etc.
- Correlate the Sunday School program with the Wed. night youth group program.
- Recruit, train, and support Sunday School teachers for Jr. and Sr. High classes.
- Plan for retreats, camps, and other trips.
- Keep parents informed as to youth activities and involvement for their teens, and offer counseling, support, and other programming.
- Children's Christian Education:
Summit Seekers - Supervise and assist the children’s Sunday School (Summit Seekers) superintendent.
AWANA - They meet on Wed. nights with 75-100 children involved from 3 years old to 6th grade. There are 8-10 adult leaders working with the ministry, and they have their own budget. Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist as needed in the current AWANA ministry.
- Visit and interact with leaders and children of AWANA at least quarterly.
- Attend annual AWANA training in Gardner.
- General Oversight: Vacation Bible School, Sunday Nursery program, and Junior Church.
The Pastor of Youth will report to the Elders. They will meet at least weekly, for a staff meeting, and as occasions arise. The Pastor of Youth is required to attend Elders Meetings. This is a full-time position with planned activities for Jr. and Sr. High students during school vacations and summer break.
The Pastor of Youth is responsible for submitting all children's ministry budgets.
The salary and benefit package will be determined based on the Pastor's education and past experience.