“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27
Our mission is to care and show the Hope in Christ as we look after the orphan in their needs.
We desire to bring awareness to the global orphan crisis and we seek to encourage, educate, and equip the church where each member can actively be involved in the care of orphans. Through prayer, visitation, mission trips, sacrificial giving, encouragement, adoption, all forms of support, friendship, foster care and advocacy we will answer God's call to care for the orphans. It is our hope that this ministry will come alongside families and individuals as they seek how God is asking them to be involved.
Did you know that:
- Orphans and widows are mentioned more than 60 times in the Bible.
- The number of orphans has grown exponentially over the last 17 years from about 15 million in 1990 to 143 million in 2007
- 80% of new orphans can be directly attributed to the spread of AIDS• Not all orphans are adoptable, but all are "careable"
- There is hope...God loves each orphan and calls us to care for them.
- If only 7% of the 2 billion Christians in the world would care for a single orphan, looking after the child in their distress, there would effectively be no more orphans. We can each do something.