Celebrate Recovery Small Group Guidelines:
- We would ask that personal sharing is focused on one’s own thoughts and feelings. Please limit personal sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- We require that there be NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation excluding all others. We want to foster an environment where each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
- We are here to support one another, not "fix" one another.
- We understand that anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. Therefore, whatever is shared in the group will stay in the group unless someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- We firmly believe that offensive or rude language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery program. Therefore, we ask that our language be appropriate to whatever situation is being discussed.
We have complied a list of certain things that we are and things that we are not so that you can know exactly what we offer.
- A safe place to share.
- A refuge.
- A place of belonging.
- A place to care for others and be cared for.
- A place where respect is given to each member.
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded.
- A place to learn.
- A place to demonstrate genuine love.
- A place to grow and become strong again.
- A place for progress.
- A place where you can take off your mask and allow others to know you.
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks.
- A possible turning point in your life.
We are not:
- A place for selfish control.
- A place for secrets.
- A place to look for dating relationships.
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others.
- A place for perfection.
- A place to judge others.
- A quick fix.